Jump to content

Okwu ọbanife:Tochiprecious

Page contents not supported in other languages.
Shí Wikipedia, njikotá édémédé nke onyobulạ

Daarụ, ịmeela màkà edemede ǹkè ị dèrè gbasara mmanwu Ìjelè! Jisike! arụshị Wikipidia Ìgbò - okwu l'okà 14:39, 18 Ọnwaìse 2018 (UTC)

DEFAULTSORT to alphabetize biography pages

[dezie ebe o si]

Greetings, Tochi Precious! I noticed the pages created for the Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon, many by you. I did notice one thing irregular when these pages appear in categories: many are in the alphabetical letter of their first name. This is because:

  • All biography page names (in many WP language projects, including IG and EN) have the first name first.
  • However, in a category we want the pages to display in alphabetical order by the surname (family name).

Now, as I don't know the Igbo language, I help in this Wikipedia by organizing content. You may have seen my edit summaries in July, almost all with DEFAULTSORT. A page name is sorted (in top-to-bottom order) in a category by its first letter - this is the default when nothing else is specified. So for a biography page, we want the first letter of the surname. To do this in Edit mode:

  • Above the first category, add {{DEFAULTSORT:Surname, Name1 Name2}}, where Name1 is the first name (given name) and for some people, Name2 follows Name1. (But see below: three or more names)
  • Note the spacing and punctuation! No space between the colon mark (:) and the Surname. Comma and space after the Surname. A single space between Name1 and Name2 (if any), then no space before the pair of right-hand brackets.
  • If a person has three or more names, and you don't know whether the middle one is part of a double surname or just a second given name (Name2):
    • Look at the DEFAULTSORT as it appears in the Edit version of the person's page in a major language (EN, DE, etc.)
    • Copy it complete with both left-hand and right-hand sets of brackets, then paste it on the Igbo WP page as above.

I hope these explanations are helpful to you! Feel free to ask me anything else, and of course to share this with your sister and brother IG WP editors. -- Deborahjay (talk) 11:49, 12 Ọnwaàsaà 2018 (UTC)

Greetings Deborahjay, thank you very much for this. Your input is greatly appreciated. I usually do not make changes to the Names while translating. Please I would like to understand if you mean I should change the position of the names using surnames first instead of leaving it the way it usually is? Thank you very much. Tochi Precious (talk) 18:26, 12 Ọnwaàsaà 2018 (UTC)
The use of names is fine the way you've written them. The addition of the DEFAULTSORT template is only for the purpose of establishing the display in categories according to the spelling of the person's surname (family name). Take a look at the 65 (!) page names in the category (Òtù) Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon: initial letters A-E and S have all been corrected, but F and P-R have not. For each of the women whose names are alphabetical in the category by surname, look in Edit view above the category and you'll see the DEFAULTSORT template. Also, do you know how to look at another editor's changes in Lèe ita by comparing two versions (Sikwu orü áká di)? That will show exactly what I did. I'm glad to be of help! -- Deborahjay (talk) 19:49, 12 Ọnwaàsaà 2018 (UTC)
Well noted, thank you.

Tochi Precious (talk) 13:50, 13 Ọnwaàsaà 2018 (UTC)

References section heading

[dezie ebe o si]

Greetings, dear Tochi Precious! I've come back to the Igbo WP to make what improvements I can without knowing Asụ̀sụ̀ Ìgbò. Here's something that needs your confirmation: When I open a biography page to make it sort alphabetically by surname (Template:DEFAULTSORT) - I see many pages use the section heading References in English. May I replace it with Nrụtụaka - or what's correct? -- Cheers, Deborahjay (talk) 20:30, 20 Ọnwaàtọ 2020 (UTC)

Greetings great Deborahjay Thanks so much for coming back to Igbo WP. Yes please kindly replace with Nrụtụaka it's very correct. Kind regards Tochiprecious (talk) 22:49, 20 Ọnwaàtọ 2020 (WAT)

Campaigns Product Update #1

[dezie ebe o si]

What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.

Please invite  other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or to unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers  

The Campaign Product Team

Campaigns Product Update #2

[dezie ebe o si]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers! We are excited to share our updates:

  • Request for Feedback: We have shared our project principles, wireframes for the desktop version, and open questions for you about the team’s event registration project. See the latest status updates here.
Wireframes are design tools that imagine the future interface of the software. We haven’t built anything yet. We need your feedback on these designs so that we can make better product decisions. You can give feedback on the talk page regarding the design and features of the wireframes. We would love to hear your comments to help us establish the next necessary steps for the project.
Please share with us your feedback!
  • Presentations: The Campaign Product team participated in WikiArabia 2021 and WikiConference North America 2021 to give a brief introduction on how the team works. Senior Program Strategist Alex Stinson gave an overview about campaigns and how we can scale the organizing experience within the Movement. Senior Product Manager Ilana Fried gave an introduction about the Product Team and the project wireframes of the first campaign software solution: the on-wiki registration tool. View the recorded presentation here.
  • Team update: We have hired our first team engineer, JCarvalho and our campaign organizing fellow, IBrazal. Newsletter updates will be done by IBrazal and she will be coordinating with you! We hope to have the rest of the engineering team onboard soon! For those of who missed the last Campaign Office Hour, you may watch the recording to know more about the Campaign Product Team.

What is next?

Testers Needed! We will be partnering with YUX, a design research agency, to learn how our team can improve the experience of Wikimedia campaign organizers and participants in Africa. For this reason, we are looking for community members who are willing to be part of the rapid testing sessions. Preferably, we want organizers and editors who have worked in an African context. If you would like to participate in testing, please email Àtụ:Email.
Upcoming Conferences. Wiki Indaba 2021. This year, the conference will be held virtually on November 5-7, 2021 with the theme "Rethink + Reset : Visions of the future". Read more about the conference here or register to join the event. We will be presenting the registration features on Sunday November 7.
We will also be attending Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021, which will be held virtually again this year on November 5-7, 2021. We will be presenting the registration tool on November 6 as part of our communication and sharing process.
Translation Support. We are also beginning to translate the updates on Registration. If you think your language community would benefit from updates, please translate here.

Invite other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter for updates!

The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (kwuo) 16:26, 28 Ọnwa iri 2021 (UTC)

This is well noted. Thank you. Sure I would like to participate in testing. Tochiprecious (kwuo) 06:33, 2 Ọnwa iri na otù 2021 (UTC)

Translation request

[dezie ebe o si]

Hi, could you please translate this article to Igbo?

Vicente Costalago is a philologist, author and writer in the artificial language Interlingue. He is the main writer in that language. He published the first original novel in Lingua Franca Nova, entitled "La xerca per Pahoa". His second publication was written in Interlingue. Entitled "Li sercha in li castelle Dewahl e altri racontas", it is an original book. It was followed by "Antologie hispan", a compilation of texts from the Spanish literature translated to Interlingue. His third book, also in Interlingue, was "Fabules, racontas e mites".

Thanks for your help. --Caro de Segeda (kwuo) 09:26, 18 Ọnwa mbụ 2022 (UTC)

Sure, here's the translation below.
"Vicente Costalago bụ ọkà mmụta sayensị, onye edemede nakwa onye edemede n'asụsụ artificial Interlingue. Ọ bụ ya bụ onye edemede n’asụsụ ahụ. O bipụtara akwụkwọ akụkọ izizi mbụ na Lingua Franca Nova, nke akpọrọ "La xerca per Pahoa". Edere mbipụta ya nke abụọ n'asụsụ Interlingue. Aha ya bụ "Li sercha in li castelle Dewahl e altri racontas", ọ bụ akwụkwọ izizi. "Antologie hispan" sochiri ya, nchịkọta ederede sitere na akwụkwọ Spanish a tụgharịrị na Interlingue. Akwụkwọ ya nke atọ, dịkwa na Interlingue, bụ "Fabules, racontas e mites". Tochiprecious (kwuo) 10:59, 18 Ọnwa mbụ 2022 (UTC)

Thank you so much. Could you also translate this article, please?

Interlingue, formerly Occidental, is an international auxiliary language created by Edgar de Wahl and published in 1922. Literature The main literary texts in Occidental appeared in Cosmoglotta. There were also some works, both original and translated, published in Interlingue.

Thanks for your help. --Caro de Segeda (kwuo) 11:34, 18 Ọnwa mbụ 2022 (UTC)

Interlingue, nke bụbu Occidental, bụ asụsụ inyeaka mba ụwa nke Edgar de Wahl mebere wee bipụta ya na 1922. Agụmagụ edemede bụ isi na Occidental pụtara na Cosmoglotta. E nwekwara akwụkwọ ụfọdụ, ma ndị mbụ na ndị a tụgharịrị, bipụta n’asụsụ Interlingue. Tochiprecious (kwuo) 17:06, 18 Ọnwa mbụ 2022 (UTC)

Campaigns Product Update #3

[dezie ebe o si]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

We are excited to share our updates:

  • Proposal to create new namespaces: We have proposed to create two namespaces, which are “Event” and “Event talk.” This way, we can easily create an Event Center that pulls data from event pages. This Event Center may include tools to create event pages with registration support, a calendar of events, and event statistics, among other features. More importantly, the Event Center will highlight organizing as an essential part of the Wikimedia movement. Please give us feedback on Phabricator or Meta about our proposal to create two new namespaces.
  • Engineering updates: We are excited that we have finished hiring for our engineering team! Three engineers and an engineering manager have joined our team since our last update. In the last few months, they have conducted technical planning and launched the building phase of the project. They are now building the registration tool. You can see the updated team on meta.
  • Design updates: We conducted usability tests with a small group of testers for early feedback on the desktop wireframes. After collecting this feedback, we have developed a new version for desktop wireframes, which will be ready to share in the next few weeks. These desktop wireframes display the user flow of two experiences: one for organizers who want to add registration to their event pages, and another for participants who want to register for an event. Additionally, the design team is also currently working on the first version of mobile wireframes, which will be shared during the next office hour.
1. View the latest desktop wireframes in Figma for Campaign Organizer Prototype and Participant Registration Prototype.
2. Leave us some feedback on the desktop wireframes. Note that we haven’t posted the newest version of the desktop wireframes on the project page yet, but we will soon (and you can feel free to add feedback on any version you have seen).
  • Ambassador updates: Three product ambassadors for the Arabic, French and Swahili communities have now joined our team! They will help us collect feedback from Wikimedia communities about the project and understand the needs of organizers, through gathering first-hand information. These ambassadors are immersed as actual members of these communities, so they will also help us identify the needs of the organizers in our pilot communities. The ambassadors are: M. Bachounda for Arabic communities, Georges Fodouop for French communities, and Antoni Mtavangu for Swahili communities.

What is next?

Next Office Hour: We will be holding an office hour on March 31, 2022 at 15:00 UTC, which will be conducted via Zoom. We invite everyone to attend, and we really hope to see you! The focus will be on the Registration Tool. The team will also be providing community updates on the usability test findings and design highlights for the wireframes. We will also share our current Project timeline and answer any questions you may have. Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!
In a few months, we are expecting to have the early testable version of the tool. By then, the team will be doing the first round of general testing and gathering feedback. We are looking forward to adding more features on the tool such as communication support, potentially by the end of this year. If you know other organizers that might be interested in following these developments, please recommend that they subscribe to the newsletter. We want to receive as much feedback as we can.

Thank you!

The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (kwuo) 17:26, 22 Ọnwa atọ 2022 (UTC)

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - March 31, 2022

[dezie ebe o si]

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Campaign Product Team will be hosting the next office hour to share exciting updates on the Registration Tool and new proposed namespaces for events. We will also be sharing community updates on the usability tests and design highlights of the latest mobile and desktop wireframes.

Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!

Date: March 31, 2022
Time: 15:00 UTC
Zoom Link: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/82046580320

You may also watch Campaigns Office Hour: Introducing the Campaigns Product Team to learn more about the Team and the previous wireframes.

Feel free to send a message to ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org if you want to receive an email reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.

The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (kwuo) 17:37, 30 Ọnwa atọ 2022 (UTC)

Event Registration Tool: Demo and Invitation to Test

[dezie ebe o si]

Hello Subscribers!

The Campaigns Product  Team from the Wikimedia Foundation will be hosting two office hours to  demo the new Event Registration Tool, and train organizers how to  use it. In these office hours, you will learn how to:

  • Create an event page in the new event namespace (as an event organizer)
  • Enable registration on your event page (as an event organizer)
  • Collect data on who registered for your event (as an event organizer)
  • Register for an event on the event page (as an event participant)

You can attend one office hour or both, depending on your availability on the following dates:

  • Session 1: Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM UTC
  • Session 2: Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 12:00 PM UTC

These events will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, Italian, and Portuguese, and Swahili. Note that Portuguese will be available on the 21st, but not the 23rd. We strongly encourage you to join and share your feedback on the tool. Your feedback will help us improve the tool so that Wikimedians can have a better event experience. To register, please reply to this email or sign-up to our page, by adding your signature.

Thank you!

~~~~ IBrazal (WMF) (kwuo) 06:07, 18 Ọnwa asaa 2022 (UTC)

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - July 21, 2022

[dezie ebe o si]

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Campaign Product Team will be having an office hour today, July 21, 2022 at 17:00 UTC via Zoom to demo the first release of the Event Registration Tool.

You may join the office hour using this meeting link.

We look forward to your participation.

Thank you.


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (kwuo) 14:46, 21 Ọnwa asaa 2022 (UTC)

Campaigns Product Update #4

[dezie ebe o si]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

We are excited to share our updates:

  • Event Registration v0
We have successfully launched Event Registration tool V0 on beta cluster and collected feedback from the first batch of testers. This tool is part of a more comprehensive organizing solution, the Event Center, which hopes to support movement organizers. Through this registration solution, organizers can collect useful data on campaign participants and their needs while respecting participant privacy.
Testing update. In our first round of feedback collection, testers were composed of different types of organizers around the movement with a language focus on Arabic, French, English, and Swahili communities. Most of the testers successfully created their test event registrations and signed up for a test event registration created by other organizers. Simple, easy to use, and aids in managing event participants were the common feedback we received from first-time users. In contrast, access and proper localization of the tool were the points for improvement identified. We are working on V1, which will include communication support and integration with the Programs and Event Dashboard. This will be released on Meta-Wiki soon. We hope to address accessibility during this launch and improve localization problems once the tool has been deployed in local wikiprojects.
The tool is still available for testing on the beta cluster. Feel free to leave feedback on our project talk page or this form.
  • Organizer Lab
    Looking for a way to learn how to effectively organize around sustainability? Join the beta version of the Organizer Lab on WikiLearn to understand how to effectively organize a global campaign around sustainability and climate change! Applications are open from September 22 - October 19, 2022. The Organizer Lab will be a 9-week online learning experience from the end of October until mid December that prepares participants to obtain knowledge about the topics that they wish to create, a call to action for strategic knowledge gaps, as well as more generalized Wikimedia organizing and campaign/event design skills.
Read more about the program!

What's Next:

  • Organizer User Rights. We are reaching out to a pool of administrators from Arabic, French and Swahili communities to collect feedback on what is the best way to define organizer user rights, what privileges to give to community organizers, and what are the limitations of these privileges. Feel free to reach out to our product ambassadors or send an email to ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org if you are interested to be part of these conversations.

Community Feedback:

"Participants have been always asking the organizers are asked by participants whether they are registered, now participants will just look directly if they are registered, Thank you for creating the system"
- French Organizer

“I think that the platform will facilitate the process of promoting events and searching for participants”
- Arabic Organizer

Thank you!

The Campaigns Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (kwuo) 06:30, 21 Septemba 2022 (UTC)[zaghachi]

Campaigns Product Team Office Hour - December 2022

[dezie ebe o si]

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Wikimedia Foundation Campaigns Team invites you to join our upcoming office hours. In each session, we will introduce V1 of Event Registration Tool, so you can begin using it for real events on Meta-wiki.

In V1, the following new features will be includedː

  • Support for the organizer to specify an event timezone
  • Automatic confirmation emails after participants have registered
  • Private registration: the option for participants to register and only display their registered username to organizers of the event and we will teach you how you can use it yourself.

Office Hour Sessions:

  • 1st Session: December 5, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC via Zoom
  • 2nd Session: December 10, 2022 @ 12:00 UTC via Zoom
Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!

These office hours will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, and Swahili. Email us @ ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org or sign-up here if you want to receive a reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.

The Campaigns Product Team

Ihe nrite Onye Ntinyeaka

[dezie ebe o si]
Onye ntụgharị Ukwu nke afọ 2022
Anyị n'ekele gị maka ọrụ ị na-arụ na Wikipidia Igbo. Daalụ maka ịtụgharị edemede karịrị iri asatọ. Ị mere nke ọma, jisie ike!

Olugold (ṅkátá) 20:49, 31 Disemba 2022 (UTC)[zaghachi]

Organizer Tools Office Hours & Event Discovery Project

[dezie ebe o si]

(Lire ce message en français); (Ver este mensaje en español); (Angalia ujumbe huu kwa Kiswahili); (إقرأ هذه الرسالة بالعربي) Please help translate to your language .

The Campaigns team at the Wikimedia Foundation has some updates to share with you, which are:

We invite you to attend our upcoming community office hours to learn about organizer tools, including the Event registration tool (which has new and upcoming features). The office hours are on the following dates, and you can join one or both of them:

  • Saturday, October 7 at 12:00 UTC (Register here)
    • Languages available: Arabic, English, French, Swahili
  • Tuesday, October 10 at 18:00 UTC (Register here).
    • Languages available: Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili

We have launched a new project: Event Discovery. This project aims to make it easier for editors to learn about campaign events. We need your help to understand how you would like to discover events on the wikis, so that we can create a useful solution. Please share your feedback on our project talk page.

Thank you, and we hope to see you at the upcoming office hours!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:54, 24 Septemba 2023 (UTC)[zaghachi]

You are receiving this message because you subscribed to this list


[dezie ebe o si]

Good day Tochi, My name is Reading Beans and I edit majorly at the English Wikipedia. I recently brought en:Igbo literature (an article I started from scratch) to good article status. I have a native understanding of Igbo language (because I am Igbo too) and I had to translate it to Igbo. But, I do have a problem; most templates for referencing in the English Wikipedia does not exist here. And so, I was wondering if you could make a request at meta for the creation of these templates. I'm talking about templates such as [1] or Àtụ:Efn, but most importantly sfn. Best, Reading Beans (ṅkátá) 11:00, 10 Ọktoba 2023 (UTC)[zaghachi]

Hello @Reading Beans thank you so much for this. Yes, we struggle with those templates in the Igbo Wikipedia. I'm happy to make a request for the creation of these templates but I'm not sure how to. Should I start a new page with the title as requesting for templates or is there a specific place I can make the request on meta? Thanks again and looking to hear from you. Tochiprecious (ṅkátá) 09:04, 11 Ọktoba 2023 (UTC)[zaghachi]
@Ọbanife:Tochiprecious, I was thinking that the committee that approved the Igbo Wikipedia could help. Anyways, check out Phabricator and make your request. Best, Reading Beans (ṅkátá) 05:02, 12 Ọktoba 2023 (UTC)[zaghachi]
If I should do it myself, I think I'll need to be an administrator to be able to do it. See this guide here. Best, Reading Beans (ṅkátá) 05:10, 12 Ọktoba 2023 (UTC)[zaghachi]
Should I nominate you as an admin? Tochiprecious (ṅkátá) 19:13, 12 Maachị 2024 (UTC)[zaghachi]
  1. [[#CITEREF|]].